Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BREAKING. Idols winner Elvis Blue: ''I'm still scared of what people say about me'' . . . and other quotes from the sixth season winner.

Cobus Bodenstein/M-Net

You're reading it here first.

''I'm always scared of what people say about me. I'm still scared of what people say about me,'' says Elvis Blue, the new sixth season winner of Idols on M-Net. ''I think after this competition I'm handling it a little bit better, but its not something I have yet mastered. I'm definitely better than what I was 14 weeks ago,'' he says.

This is one of the revealing things Elvis Blue said in the press conference right after he won Idols last night in the live final Idols Results Show on the pay broadcaster. Here's some of the other interesting quotes Elvis Blue made.

On what sets him apart from previous Idols winners: ''I think everyone's different. I think probably the thing that might make me different is that I'm a writer. I write my own music.''

On how he feels about fame: ''I still feel the same as I did. I know things are different. But I still feel very much the same as I did a few months ago.''

On how he feels about winning Idols: ''I feel very emotional. You know, like when you have a big birthday - like you turn 30 or you turn 40 - its a pivotal moment. You feel nervous but its something that's deep down inside you. You just feel and sense that there is something really big happening with you. Like when my child was born. And that's how it feels. I just feel there's something very big happening with me in my life and its actually too big to say and express exactly how I'm feeling right now.''

ALSO READ: Elvis Blue admits imitating American Idol contestant Adam Lambert: ''I used what he did. Idols is not just about singing, its about what you do.''
ALSO READ: M-Net on the new upcoming 7th season of Idols in 2011: ''We want to make it a little bit more closer to American Idol''.
ALSO READ: Idols winner Elvis Blue walks the red carpet: ''The best way to thank people is to make sure I make the best music for a very long time''.
ALSO READ: M-Net confirms that the pay broadcaster is trying to get The X Factor reality show for 2011.
ALSO READ: Elvis Blue from George is the winner of the sixth season of Idols on M-Net.
ALSO READ: M-Net announces a new seventh season for Idols in 2011 starting with auditions in February.