Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BREAKING. Idols winner Elvis Blue walks the red carpet: ''The best way to thank people is to make sure I make music for a very long time.''


You're seeing it here first.

Elvis Blue (30) - his real name is Jan Hoogendyk - who won Idols on M-Net last night got the red carpet treatment after a press conference to meet and greet fans and I can show you the first red carpet photos.
.
''For the last ten years I haven't made any money out of music,'' says the newest Idols winner who won the sixth season with 64% of the votes. ''That song I was singing, 'She gives me money when I'm in need', its kind of the story of my marriage for me and my wife, you know?'' says the winner who decided to share his prize money of R500 000 and will be giving R250 000 to runner-up Lloyd Cele (28) from Durban.

''I really want to spend a long time making music and I know sometimes you make a lot [of money] and sometimes you make nothing. I think the best way to thank people - all the fans - who've given me this opportunity is to make sure that I make music for a very long time to come,'' says Elvis Blue who also posed on the red carpet with his blond wife Chireze.


''I hope I've inspired them to keep going,'' Elvis Blue says about persevering to following his dream to become a musician and commercial artist in South Africa. ''If its your dream and passion, just keep going with what you do. If you're someone who does music you do it because its who you are. Its not your hobby. Only in the last few year I've realized that even if I don't make it, even if I don't make any money, this is who I am and this is what I was made to do. I hope my story inspires people to believe that.''