Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tension among the contestants in the My Top Billing Dream reality show on SABC3.


There's been definite tension between the remaining contestants in the My Top Billing Dream reality show on SABC3 looking for a new presenter for the show, with contestants who've said they feel "a bit of iciness" coming from contestant Zama Ngcobo.

"I think it's the competition. You can't trust anyone," Zama Ngcobo told the judges. "We all try to say we are friends, but you just never really know if people really appreciate you."

"Zama has become known for her antics off camera," said Chamendran Naidoo. "They can be seen as diva antics. She has moments with some of the other competitors."

Zama Ngcobo mentioned Lauren Blackwell who in turn said "there's tension between me and one other person".

Zama Ngcobo said "there's less of us now. The fun is decreasing. It's great that we're around each other, but each one of us wants this. And only one person will make it," she said. 

She said maybe the other contestants are jealous of her, or perhaps she appears to confident. "I'm playing my own game. I'm really trying to take care of myself as much as I can. I'm here to get a job."

This morning on Expresso, SABC3's breakfast show, Graeme Richards and Liezel van der Westhuizen interviewed the remaining 5 contestants and asked them about the tension behind the scenes.

"You're with different people for 5 weeks - different personalities, different walks of life, it's bound to happen," said Lauren Blackwell. "It's always mad love, but sometimes it gets a little bit ..." 

Viewers saw Lauren Blackwell get the boot from the reality show on Tuesday evening's episode. 

That leaves 4 contestants who remain in the show - Jonathan Boynton-Lee (pictured), Zama Ngcobo, Chamendran Naidoo and Lynelle Kenned - instead of an initially planned 3 who were supposed to be left at the end of tonight's episode. The live finale of the My Top Billing Dream will be shown on SABC3 this coming Tuesday evening at 20:00 with the winner chosen out of the final 4.