Wednesday, August 15, 2012

JOKES. Top Billing's Janez Vermeiren on Jonathan Boynton-Lee: 'I'm bringing my A game. I have some competition now!'


The Top Billing presenter Janez Vermeiren who's been absent from viewers' TV screens on SABC3 the last few weeks while the limited-run My Top Billing Dream reality show ran with Jonathan Boynton-Lee (left) who won last night, had some choice words when I spoke with him last night: "I have some competition now!"

Janez Vermeiren told me that he's back doing Top Billing inserts "and I'm bringing my A game". "I'm back fully into it, I have to - I've got some competition now!"

It was a little joke of course, Janez Vermeiren told me he's been back at work "since last week. I had a little holiday for 7 weeks while this was going on."

The truth is that Janez Vermeiren had very nice things to say about Jonathan Boynton-Lee as the newest addition to the Top Billing presenters' team.

"You can see in his eyes that he's the kind of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He's not scared to be himself. He's not trying to copy anyone or trying to act like any of the other presenters. He allows his own personality to shine through and I think that's the most important thing about being a Top Billing presenter - you want to express emotion and show how you are feeling."


ALSO READ: What the Top Billing producers and Top Billing on-air talent have to say about Jonathan Boynton-Lee.
ALSO READ: Interview: Jonathan Boynton-Lee breaking up with his girlfriend, what winning means, and what he's looking forward to the most after winning the My Top Billing Dream.