Wednesday, May 9, 2012

BREAKING. M-Net Series to move the new upcoming racy show, I Just Want My Pants Back, to a much later timeslot.


You're reading it here first.

M-Net Series (DStv 110) which planned to show it at 18:30 will now be moving the new drama I Just Want My Pants Back to a much later timeslot (as well as the repeats) due to the racy nature of the show.

Yesterday I reported RIGHT HERE that M-Net Series plans to start showing I Just Want My Pants Back on 9 June in the early timeslot of 18:30 - an improbable and inappropriate timeslot given the HBO style racy content of the show.

 I Just Want My Pants Back, based on David J. Rosen's 2007 novel by the same name, was shown in America at 23:00 and still created controversy and some of a viewer backlash due to graphic language and racy content.

The show contains loads of sex, sex talk of a very descriptive and mature nature and strong language as well as drug use and casual sex with no correctives - the industry's term for "casual sex on television which doesn't show the consequences.

 Khosi Khanyile, M-Net Series channel head says I Just Want My Pants Back was slotted in at the 18:30 timeslot at a content allocation phase. "It had not passed through programme acceptance. We will have to change its timeslot".

"This does happen from time to time when we don't have the full information about a show and rely on our programme acceptaince department to help guide the scheduling thereof," she says.

M-Net Series doesn't yet have a new later timeslot but will be moving I Just Want My Pants Back to later at night.