Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BREAKING. M-Net Series brings the racy new MTV show with HBO style content, I Just Want My Pants Back, to the 18:30 timeslot from 9 June.


You're reading it here first.

M-Net Series (DStv 110) has acquired the broadcasting rights to the racy new MTV drama I Just Want My Pants Back and plans to bring the HBO style content to South African viewers from Saturday 9 June in the very early timeslot of 18:30.

There is no problem with the show, but the timeslot of 18:30 for South African viewers for I Just Want My Pants Back appears completely inappropriate. I Just Want My Pants Back was shown on MTV in America at 23:00.

If I Just Want My Pants Back remains in the 18:30 timeslot, that is where viewers can get ready for things like one of the girls asking her sexual partner to "stick a finger in my a--".

M-Net says all M-Net programmes are viewed by a team of progamming acceptance experts so they will by now possibly know that I Just Want My Pants Back was shown much later in America and the scenes which the show contains. The show is based on David J. Rosen's 2007 novel by the same name.

I've asked M-Net Series why it decided to schedule I Just Want My Pants Back in such an early timeslot and when or if there's an answer, I'll report it.

ALSO READ: M-Net Series to move the racy new upcoming show, I Just Want My Pants Back, to a much later timeslot.