Monday, October 17, 2011

BREAKING. Giuliana Rancic: 'I'm going to be gone from work for a little while to do surgery and I just want people to know the truth'.


''I'm going to be gone from work for a little while,'' Giuliana Rancic (37), E! News anchor  on E! Entertainment (DStv 124) and Fashion Police contributor tells E! News after her bombshell revelation earlier today that she has breast cancer.

''I decided late last week to come forward and to tell people what's going on. I'm going to be gone from work for a little while to do surgery, and I just want people to know the truth,'' she told E! News.

Earlier today E! Entertainment didn't say whether, or for how long Giuliana Rancic would be absent from both shows, but Giuliana Rancic will have surgery later this week, followed by six weeks of radiation therapy.

''I'm confident that I'm going to be okay,'' she says.

UPDATE Monday 17 October 22:20 - E! Entertainment has now issued the following statement on Giuliana Rancic's breast cancer news:

''On behalf of her E! family, we are sending our love and support to Giuliana and applaud her for sharing her recent breast cancer diagnosis in the hope that it will encourage women everywhere to take necessary and preventative measures.''

''Giuliana has chosen to talk about her breast cancer on E! News tonight prior to her lumpectomy later this week. We are grateful that thanks to early detection, Giuliana is expected to have a swift and complete recovery.''