Wednesday, June 2, 2010

BREAKING. The Broadcasting Complaints Commission rules ''Don't touch me on my studio'' to be fair.


Earlier today the Broadcasting Complaints Commission of South Africa (BCCSA) has ruled that the  whole ''Don't touch me on my studio'' live on-air disruption on the eNews Channel (DStv 403) was fair towards the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB), and in the ruling rejected complaints by the political party that AWB secretary general Andre Visagie was treated unfairly.

In April, after the murder of AWB leader Eugene Terre'Blanche, host Chris Maroleng of the Africa 360 current affairs show on the eNews Channel, had a panel debate with in-studio guests Andre Visagie and political analyst Lebohang Pheko. It wasn't long before live pandemonium ensued in the studio that created an instant buss-worthy TV moment.

"It is understandable that e.tv, by arranging a debate of this nature so soon after the murder, was courting trouble - and trouble was soon to come," said the BCCSA in its ruling earlier today. ''Despite the interruptions, the heated debate and the fiasco at the end, I think that each party had the opportunity to put its viewpoint on this controversial matter to the viewing public,'' the BCCSA said in its ruling.

ALSO READ and WATCH the video HERE: The eNews Channel and the AWB make headlines with ''Don't touch me on my studio'' on-air fiasco.