Tuesday, April 27, 2010

BREAKING. Izak Davel's red underwear surprise: ''I got such a fright when the guys started to drop trou.''


You're reading it here first.

Izak Davel, the Survivor SA Santa Carolina celebitant who strutted around on the show in his red speedo, tells me exclusively that he had no idea that some of his fellow celebitants we're planning to drop trou and reveal skimpy red underwear during the show's live finale this past Wednesday night on M-Net.

During the live finale, fellow celebitants Garth Collins, Louw Venter and Gys de Villiers all pulled down their pants to reveal red undies. Meanwhile Survivor SA Santa Carolina host Nico Panagio didn't drop his pants, but pulled the top of his underwear out to show that - yes, he too - is wearing a little red something-something to cover his nether regions.

''I honestly had no idea. I didn't know that they've planned this whole undies thing,'' Izak Davel told me when I met up with him after the live finale. ''I got such a fright when the guys started to drop trou. I thought: Ay-yay-yay-yay-yay. . .  But it was sharp. I appreciate the joke.''

To see what else Izak Davel told me about his new movie role, making music with some of the other Survivor celebitants, and his experience of being on a reality show and if he'll ever do it again, click on READ MORE below!



With Survivor SA Santa Carolina now behind him, I asked him how he would describe the experience. ''It was an amazing experience. I've learned a lot but I won't do it again,'' Izak Davel told me.

And what was the most difficult thing for him? ''It was to be away from my beautiful Mericke. I missed her a lot; my wife. Besides that it was the hunger and the lack of food.''

His upcoming projects include finishing his role in the movie Getroud met Rugby which is currently filming, and - as a few of the celebitants let slip during the live finale - possibly collaborating on a CD. ''At the moment I'm busy filming Getroud met Rugby. After that I'm looking at recording a third album.''

Regarding his role in Getroud met Rugby Izak Davel tells me he's playing a character called Regardt. ''I can't tell you too much yet about him. He's a young guy and of course he plays rugby.'' On the possible CD with other celebitants like Sandi Schultz he says ''we'll talk about it soon. I think it will be great if we all do something together - a bit of collaboration around this whole Survivor SA experience. But we'll talk.''