Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Anchor Robyn Curnow exits CNN International: 'Thanks for the endless laughs, the cynicism and idealism and some damn fine journalism'.


by Thinus Ferreira

South Africa's Robyn Curnow who has been with CNN International (DStv 401) for 21 years has exited the TV news channel where she has been an anchor the past few years.

"I've decided it's time for a change," Robyn Curnow wrote on Instagram, saying "This is my decision".

"I'm excited for the plans I've been cooking up recently."

Robyn Curnow used to anchor International Desk on CNN International, moved to weekends, then did weeks and weekends, and then anchored hours across various CNN International.

Robyn Curnow exits CNN International after anchor Hala Gorani's abrupt exit last week.

On Instagram, Robyn Curnow wrote "20 years as CNN correspondent and anchor. And I've decided it's time to change. This is my decision. I'm excited for the plans I've been cooking up recently. Mostly, at this moment when I reflect on my career, I feel profound thanks to all my CNN colleagues and friends around the world".

"Thanks to you all - fellow on-air folk, producers, photographers, directors, control room gurus, master control magicians, studio wizards - for the endless laughs, the cynicism and idealism, and some damn fine journalism".