Monday, January 10, 2022

American comedian Bob Saget of Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos found dead in hotel room at 65.


by Thinus Ferreira

The American comedian Bob Saget known for his role as Danny Tanner in Full House and as the host of America's Funniest Home Videos was found dead in a hotel room. He was 65.

American media reported that Bob Saget was found dead in a hotel room on Sunday in the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, Florida, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, with TMZ that broke the news of his death.

Bob Saget was in Florida as part of his comedy tour.

The Sheriff's Office in a statement said that the man was identified as Robert Saget and pronounced deceased on scene. Detectives found no signs of foul play or drug use in this case and the cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner.

"We are devastated to confirm that our beloved Bob passed away today," Bob Saget's family says in a statement. "He was everything to us and we want you to know how much he loved his fans, performing live and bringing people from all walks of life together with laughter."

"Though we ask for privacy at this time, we invite you to join us in remembering the love and laughter that Bob brought to the world." 

John Stamos who played Uncle Jesse in Full House on Twitter said: "I am broken. I am gutted. I am in complete and utter shock. I will never ever have another friend like him. I love you so much Bobby".

"My heart is broken. I love you, Bob. Your forever brother, Dave," said Dave Coulier on Twitter.

Candace Cameron Bure, who appeared in the Full House role of DJ Janner, said on Twitter: "I don't know what to say. I have no words. Bob was one of the best humans beings I've ever known in my life. I loved him so much."

The Comedy Central channel on Twitter said "Bob Saget was a beloved and boundary-pushing comedian. He'll be missed."

Bob Saget also appeared in the HBO comedy Entourage playing a heightened version of himself, and voiced the future Ted Mosby character as the narrator of the comedy series How I Met Your Mother.

According to AFP, Bob Saget is survived by his three adult children with his first wife, Sherri Kramer; and his second wife, Kelly Rizzo who he married in 2018.