Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Bonang Matheba dumps CSA Global with 'disturbing news', asked lawyers to investigate possible criminal conduct' as agency says they look forward to expose the scandalous allegations as 'false and half truths she has been spreading'.


by Thinus Ferreira

Bonang Matheba caused a stir on Tuesday when the star that is now living in New York, announced that she has dumped her management team at CSA Global, saying she has "disturbing news" and that she told her lawyers to "investigate the possibility of criminal conduct by the company and its representatives".

"Today I've got disturbing news. Over the last few years I have been in a business relationship with a management group to represent my brand. I put my trust in them and gave them stewardship over brand Bonang to build and support it across all mediums, including entertainment, fashion and entrepreneurship," Bonang said on Tuesday, using Twitter Spaces that lured over 15 000 "listeners".

"Today I announce that I've terminated that contract with them and they no longer no longer represent me or any of my business ventures."

"Furthermore, I have instructed my lawyers to investigate the possibility of criminal conduct by the company and its representatives. I will revert over the next few days with an update so that others can be aware of what I consider as their very unsavoury behaviour," Bonang Matheba said.

Celebrity Services Africa (CSA Global) with offices in Cape Town and Los Angeles, on Twitter on Tuesday said in a statement that "For the record, Bonang Matheba is currently in breach of multiple contracts with various clients as she has been derelict to these brands and indeed her own for the past 6 months".

"We are currently awaiting a response from Bonang's lawyers on legal letters already sent. There is no merit in these scandalous allegations; we look forward to the day in court with Bonang, exposing the false and half truths she has been spreading".

Bonang Matheba's last known manager was CSA's Davin Phillips who still made a public statement on behalf of her and defending her in April of this year. 

Bonang Matheba switched back to CSA in 2017 to represent her after she had worked with Sylvester Chauke's DNA Brand Architects for several years.

In 2017 when she rejoined CSA, Bonang Matheba said that she was "thrilled to be joining CSA, who have proven themselves as a force to be reckoned within the African market as well as globally".

"With CSA on my side, I will focus on projects beyond South African borders. Moreover, I'm really looking forward to building my philanthropic undertakings, which both brand Bonang and CSA hold very dear."