Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Sara Gilbert leaving The Talk, seen on 1Magic and Mzansi Magic, after 9 seasons.


Sara Gilbert will be leaving the American weekday talk show, The Talk, at the end of the current 9th season she announced as a panellist during Tuesday's episode.

Besides being a panellist, Sara Gilbert created The Talk and is also the executive producer.

The Talk, the 9th season of which is currently also broadcast on 1Magic (DStv 103) as well as on Mzansi Magic (DStv 161) already lost Julie Chen at the start of the current season when she left following the allegations of sexual misconduct against her husband and former CBS CEO, Les Moonves.

Julie Chen was replaced by Carrie Ann Inaba.

Sara Gilbert is not only the creator and executive producer of the reboot of Roseanne, The Conners, she also appears in it as Darlene. Co-incidentally the cast of The Conners appeared on The Talk on Tuesday's episode that was broadcast on Mzansi Magic in South Africa.

M-Net has picked up The Conners with the first season of the comedy series that will start on M-Net (DStv 101) in June.

In the America episode of The Talk on Tuesday Sara Gilbert said that she will be leaving at the end of the current season because she no longer has time to do everything.

"This is something I have been struggling with for a while and going back and forth. But I've decided it's time for me to leave the show," Sara Gilbert said at the beginning of Tuesday's episode.

"I obviously love it here and this was extremely difficult. Last season I did The Conners and, as you know, also producing here - and I loved it and felt totally empowered. But my life was slightly out of balance, and I was not spending as much time with my three kids as I would like."

"As I've continued on, I'm starting to develop more things to produce, and I'm having opportunities to act. I don't know how I'm going to do it all. I'm was looking at the next six months and thinking, 'There's not time."

"It's difficult because this is a place that I love and a place that I'm extremely happy. I love the hosts, I love the crew, I love our staff, I'm so grateful to the audience for letting me in your homes every day. It’s been such an honour.”

Sara Gilbert said that "I will come back, I will guest co-host - you're not going to get rid of me, I'll be around".

Together with Sharon Osbourne, Sara Gilbert has been the longest panellist on The Talk, with both who started in 2010.

CBS that broadcasts The Talk in America in a statement said on Tuesday "Sara's passionate vision for a forum in which women on camera and off could celebrate mutual support, emotional growth, and everyday achievements was a driving force behind bringing The Talk to air in 2010".

"Her authenticity, compassion, quick wit and drive to succeed led to 9 successful seasons of The Talk, garnering numerous daytime Emmy Awards, including Outstanding show and Outstanding host".

"We are thankful that Sara inspired us from the beginning and wish her all the happiness and success on her new journey. She will always be family and, as you know, family can always come by for a talk".