Tuesday, January 21, 2014

BREAKING. Alison Sweeney - Sami from Days of Our Lives - leaving the American soap after 21 years.


Alison Sweeney (37), Sami from Days of Our Lives on SABC3, just announced on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (seen on M-Net Series Reality (DStv 114) in South Africa) that she is leaving Days of Our Lives after 21 years.

Alison Sweeney, a mother of two, who became the host of the reality show The Biggest Loser in 2007, joined Days of Our Lives in 1993 when she was just 16.

Alison Sweeney is done with the American daytime soap when her contract expires later this year and she told America's Soap Opera Digest in a cover story to co-incide with today's announcement on Ellen, that "my passion for working at Days has kept me there, obviously, for 21 years".

Alison Sweeney told Ellen DeGeneres that she is done with Days of Our Lives after 21 years because "my daughter just turned 5 and my son is 9. And I just want to be with them and enjoy my last year. I'm really just excited to be with my kids and be with my husband and have fun. I write. My second book's coming out, and I love directing."

"I have never had more than a two-week vacation [since starting in Days of Our Lives] in that whole time and it's awesome. I love Sami, I love Salem, I love my job, I love daytime, I love the fans, I love everything about it," Alison Sweeney said.

On how she wants her then-good, then-bad Sami Brady character to be written out of that town where anything is possible Alison Sweeney told Ellen that "I mean it would be awesome to have some kind of happy ending, but then I also think Sami probably deserves somthing sort of very twisted like a Breaking Bad ending, I don't know."

She said the "Days' writers have amazing imaginations. Sami has certainly caused he fair share of drama over the last 21 years. It will be 22 and I don't even know what happens next!"