Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Discovery Networks International CEO and president Mark Holliger resigns, leaving his post in June 2014.



Discovery Networks International CEO and president Mark Holliger has resigned and will leave his position in June 2014.

As president and CEO of Discovery Networks International Mark Hollinger oversees the development and daily operations of a division which distributes 42 entertainment brands, in 45 languages, to more than 1.6 billion TV subscribers in 224 territories and countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.

"I informed David Zaslav last week of my intention to step down when my contract is up next June," says Mark Hollinger in a statement.

"Having spent 150 or so days away from home during each of the last several years, most often many time zones away, I am looking forward to being back in the U.S. full-time and spending more time with my family. It really is the only reason I would leave such a terrific company and such a wonderful team of people," says Mark Hollinger.

Discovery's board of directors and executive team will start to look for a replacement for Mark Hollinger immediately.