Wednesday, August 8, 2012

REMEMBER HER? Nadia Bilchik, the former M-Net continuity presenter, is back on South African television talking to Peter Ndoro.


She was synonymous with M-Net and was the beautiful, well-spoken face of the South African pay TV broadcaster - and today the erstwhile, awesome and eloquent continuity presenter Nadia Bilchik was back on South African television.

Nadia Bilchik who've moved to America 15 years ago, is now the president of Greater Impact Communications and an editorial producer at CNN. Visiting South Africa, Nadia Bilchik spoke to Peter Ndoro this morning on SABC2's breakfast show Morning Live - a full circle moment since Peter Ndoro himself is a former colleague and a former M-Net continuity presenter.

Speaking to Peter Ndoro about brands, Nadia Bilchik said that "a brand for a product is like a reputation for a person".

"What is the perception people have of me? The reality is that we're all being branded, whether we're consciously involved in the process or not. First say: How do I want others to perceive me? And then: Am I taking the actions to be perceived in that way?"

"I have a lot of broadcast journalists, young, aspiring people who come to me and say: How do I get onto television? And I say, you've got to show people. You can't tell people your brand, you have to demonstrate it."

"Fifteen years ago we were together, and I remember you were in a flat panic. You've spent your life creating a brand in South Africa, and you had to go over there and start from scratch," said Peter Ndoro.

"Peter, I had to recreate the brand from the beginning. Peter, when I left M-Net and my world, and moved to Atlanta, Georgia, I didn't know a single person. The only person I knew was the head of security at CNN Center, because he knew the head of security at M-Net," said Nadia Bilchik.

"And you remember those demo tapes I made? That got me into CNN. And my first job at CNN was anchoring for the CNN Airport network. And now I'm an editorial producer at the weekends, and I present but unfortunately you won't see me here because I work for CNN domestic."