Thursday, July 19, 2012

PICTORIAL. The My Top Billing Dream reality show on SABC3 has a fashion show challenge.


The My Top Billing Dream reality show Tuesdays at 20:00 on SABC3 had a fashion show challenge which took place this evening at Canal Walk in Cape Town. With 8 contestants left (but one on a secret assignment after she won, leaving  for this challenge) the episode will be broadcast on 31 July.

The charming Top Billing presenter Jeannie D, also a judge on My Top Billing Dream looked stunning and dazzled the crowd with her MC'ing skills, even making a thinly-veiled reference to her called off engagement, saying "everyone knows when you work for Top Billing your work is your marriage".

She even joked by walking over and blatantly grabbing contestant Jonathan Boynton-Lee's pecs who wore an open cut T-shirt, saying "Jonathan, on this show everyone knows I'm the one who has and shows off the cleavage!"




The remaining contestants in the reality show looking for a new presenter, as well as models, modelled everything from casual wear, evening wear and swimwear on the red carpet as opera singer constestant Linelle sang; Good Luck provided techno-disco infused music; and the gumboot dancing troupe Happy Feet made a surprise appearance. 


The Top Billing presenters Jo-Ann Strauss and Lorna Maseko were terrific. The duo's constant delightful and really funny banter was wonderful to witness - well-experienced public speakers who know exactly how to move a show along, keep the audience focused, and make hard work look like play.

At one point all three were on the stage together holding handheld microphones. During feedback due to monitors and with Jeannie D flanked by Jo-Ann Strauss and Lorna Maseko on either side she instantly retorted to a laughing crowd: "As you can see we can't really stand too close to each other - it's not the microphones, its the ego's!"




Most heartfelt moment was when an audience member asked Zama Ncgobo a question on who inspires her. "I'm just standing here. I'm just dreaming. I was actually an orphan for a large part of my life. I was raised an orphan. I try to live an inspiring life and to keep on dreaming. I'm my biggest fan and motivator. I had to motivate myself. You can do anything if you believe in yourself."