Monday, May 21, 2012

WILD. The new opening sequence of The Wild on M-Net made me think of the title sequence of other shows.

The Wild, M-Net's weekday soap got a new ("modified" would be a better word, although the show calls it "exciting" and "new") from this evening.

I watched and it suddenly made me think of other opening title sequences which I like a lot.


Like Downton Abbey. For instance the black letters spacing out, slowly increasing its leading; the contrast of light and darkness, all framed around a window being opened.

I love Game of Thrones' inventive opening sequence, the HBO drama on M-Net.


The Wild now invokes some of that for me too, with a map placing the show geographically within a specific story setting. So that you know where everything is happening when you watch it - all the different places.