Thursday, May 17, 2012

VIDEO. TopTV on-air promo: 'Classic movies' trailer with striking black and white is a class act.


TopTV showed a big range of on-air promos and trailers for upcoming specific programming across various channels as well as themed programming across channel clusters at the pay TV operator's first-ever programming preview in Cape Town last week held for journalists and TV writers.

I do not own the copyright to any of this; I just want to show what I consider beautiful work and last week asked permission to show a few of the on-air promos among the many which I personally consider to be great work and which deserves recognition.

Here is the first one which I think is wonderfully done and shows TopTV and some of what the pay TV platform has to offer, very beautifully. On-air promos are the "window-dressing" of TV - it's what's displayed in the store-front to try and lure and entice would-be shoppers inside.

This promo for classic movies on TopTV I think helps to achieve just that. It's not just classic movies - it's classy. Gotta love the black and white with evocative movement. Even the Top Movies logo underwent a twisty surprise right at the end.