Monday, February 13, 2012

BREAKING. The Nate Berkus Show's new starting date on SABC3 is now 9 April - but it will no longer be the show replacing All My Children.


You're reading it here first.

I can exclusively break the news that The Nate Berkus Show (which SABC3 wanted to start on 2 January and which would have been the replacement for All My Children - news I broke RIGHT HERE last year) will now start on Monday 9 April at 09:30 on SABC3 and will run from Mondays to Wednesdays.

While SABC3 is still definitely planning on killing All My Children, the SABC didn't sign the licensing agreement in time before the start of the Christmas holiday.

Subsequently The Nate Berkus Show couldn't start in time. The administrative and financial malaise at the content acquisitions division of the SABC basically gave All My Children a reprieve, with the soap currntly continuing on a month to month basis.

Since last year I have on a weekly basis trying to get official answers from SABC3 regarding All My Children (still no response) specific dynamics, but what I can reveal is that The Nate Berkus Show, once it starts on 9 April, will no longer replace All My Children which was the original plan.

All My Children will continue for the time being in the doldrum 14:00 weekday timeslot, while the Sony Television Production will get the 09:30 slot - for 200 episodes of Nate Berkus.