Wednesday, January 26, 2011

BLIND ITEMS. Venture a guess if you want to. Don't even ask me any names, I'm not telling.

I don't do tabloid (although I have) and I'll admit I love reading 'em. Each one of the deliberate blind items below is a very real tabloid story that can make page 3 and would actually be based on facts.

What desyrable TV channel could come to a pay TV platform this year? It's difficult to say anything so I'll spill just two words I was told: ''constantly evaluated''. Okay. Two more: ''so good''.

What morning TV show has certain presenters who don't get along at all? ''Tension'' is what I hear, and I can't tell you about what. (Okay, the one is jealous.)

What male soap star is married in real-life and getting married in the soap this year, but is blatantly smooching a female co-star where his affair is an open secret on set?

What South African Survivor is now also the dad of a new baby girl, the belle of the ball (or is it the bella)?

What South African TV veteran is mulling retirement? Problem is, not the show the person is on, nor the TV channel even knows the person is contemplating quitting. Which righly may just make them stress if they knew.

What very demanding local soap diva isn't happy anymore with her dressing room? Cue new dressing room probably soon since she always gets what she wants.

Who is going for the black vote with some interesting XXXXXX changes and how it's seen? Did she hit a sensitive nerve after all?

What very high profile person absolutely didn't want to do it, was cajoled into it, found it arduous, but is now happy with how it's going to look on TV? And the good publicity can't come soon enough.

Someone drops out. Again.