Thursday, December 2, 2010

BREAKING. DStv Mobile's new Drifta decoder and mobile television extender device sold out after just one day.



You're reading it here first.

It's not official and I have no official word on it from DStv Mobile, but it seems as if the new Drifta decoder, the new MultiChoice mobile television extender device that went on sale yesterday, has sold out.

When I called the MultiChoice switchboard to have a Drifta decoder activated I was met with surprise. ''How can you have a Drifta decoder?'' the switchboard operator asked me this afternoon, one day after the fascinating device went on sale yesterday at R599. ''You can't have a Drifta device. They're all sold out,'' I was told.

Well, I do have one and what the Drifta decoder does, is that it enables mobile television broadcasts on your other devices from iPads and iPods to your laptop, Apple Mac and PC. A DStv Mobile source told me that whether the new Drifta stock (its manufactured in Korea) is sold out or not, a new batch  of Drifta devices will be in South Africa ''within a day or two''.

ALSO READ: Where does the name come from? Where is it made? All you want to know about DStv's new Drifta decoder.
ALSO READ: All the basics about DStv's new Drifta decoder.