Tuesday, July 13, 2010

''Just bear with me nation!'' . . . TV with Thinus on a short hiatus as I go hide away in a house filled with prying eyes.


I'm traveling today and will be secretly secloistered in the new Big Brother Africa house that will be used from Sunday for the fifth season of Big Brother Africa, entitled Big Brother All Stars.

I'm not allowed to take any communication equipment with me into the new all-seeing abode at Sasani Studios in Johannesburg where Endemol SA is once again managing and handling the production that will be kicking off on Sunday. I will be in the house with a few other people (one local celebrity I like a lot, one truly stuck-up local celebrity I don't like at all) and we will all be under Big Brother control for about a day.

Since I'll be sans phone, sans laptop, sans internet and sans smoke signals, unfortunately you'll be sans TV with Thinus. I know. Its intense. But like the as-long-as-I-look-good-on-TV Ursula Stapelfeldt once said on a TV1 live summer vacation afternoon youth show when she grabbed a scared little girl out of the waves on the beach and then looked and smiled apologetically at the camera as the poor mute and scared girl simply refused to say anything . . . ''Just bear with me nation!''

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and I'll be back with regular postings by Wednesday night or latest Thursday morning.