Monday, September 14, 2009

BREAKING. 'The crazy side comes out'. First eviction interview with Teddy of Big Brother Africa

You're reading it here first. I just got off the phone with Teddy from Kenia in M-Net's Big Brother Africa: The Revolution who was one of the first two contestants voted out last night.

Here's Teddy's first eviction interview in print.
What do you make of your Big Brother experience?
The experience has been completely fantastic, but I don't think I ever had a period in my life where I've thought so much. It's all great people in the house, but being in there kind of changed my view and thinking about the thing. You don't always get that. People are not exactly who they seem they are.

How did people change?
The guys changed when there was a task. The crazy side comes out. People get cranky. Quinn's behaviour and attitude changed yesterday before the nomination. Quinn got cranky about the food situation. People are changing in a way. The more, and the moment there is pressure applied, people start to change. I won't say there's alliances in the house - yet. It's more cliques of people.

What did you make of the twist of the women only joining later?
The twist of the chicks was a twist, but the guys in the house are intelligent. They are extremely intelligent and have been figuring out that there will be chicks in the house - it's just a matter of when the chicks are going to drop in, how, and how many, and where they will come from. We knew there would be chicks, but we wondered when, how many and when they will be checking in.

Was there something that happened that you didn't expect or realize it would be in the house before you entered?
I guess the first nomination yesterday was unexpected. Also the whole Eddy who is a twin thing. I was actually talking to two people! And that send me into a place where right now I'm thinking anyone could be anyone. Who is anybody really? That was sort of a twist and has twisted me. Also the fact that it was just guys from the beginning made it a bit different. People also had trouble sleeping and kept wondering what's next.

What did you think of the house?
The setup was brilliant and everything was good. It was freezing in the bedroom however. But I can't complain about things.