Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BREAKING. DStv now also offers free installation in latest special offer to new subscribers; follows TopTV's installation free offer.


You're reading it here first.

I can be first to tell you that after TopTV launched two weeks ago by offering new subscribers a heavily subsidized TopTV decoder and completely free installation that also includes a satellite dish, that MultiChoice is now following suit by also offering new subscribers a discount on DStv decoders and now also free installation.

I told you last week RIGHT HERE that MultiChoice insiders told me about an ''installation free model'' that will be hitting the market imminently and now it's here. New DStv subscribers can now, just as my sources told me, buy a DStv decoder for R649 as part of a special offer which then includes a single view DStv decoder (like the one in the photo above). It comes with a ''Full Single View System Installation Voucher'', exactly the same as TopTV. DStv installation costs are usually roughly between R900 and R1 200 per installation.

Earlier today I spoke to Nico Meyer, CEO of MultiChoice South Africa and I specifically asked him about this brand new offer which I discovered this morning for the first time. ''Over time we always come up with some special deals,'' Nico Meyer told me. ''We will have a special coming up. At R649, [subscribers get] a fully installed price. It also includes the set top box (STB) and installation. We do these things over regular intervals. We will be rolling out this special in stores countrywide soon.''