Tuesday, April 25, 2023

CNN fires Don Lemon.


by Thinus Ferreira

CNN has fired the caustic Don Lemon (57), who was a co-anchor of the struggling and low-rated CNN This Morning show also seen on CNN International (DStv 401), following sexist comments and the reported mistreatment of colleagues.

Don Lemon was fired after 17 years with CNN. CNN chief Don Licht, in an emailed memo told staffers that "CNN and Don have parted ways" at the Warner Bros. Discovery TV news channel.

"Don will forever be a part of the CNN family, and we thank him for his contributions over the past 17 years. We wish him well and will be cheering him on in his future endeavours".

After that Don Lemon slammed CNN in a statement for getting fired, saying "I am stunned".

"I was informed this morning by my agent that I have been terminated by CNN. I am stunned. After 17 years at CNN, I would have thought that someone in management would have had the decency to tell me directly."

"At no time was I ever given any indication that I would not be able to continue to do the work that I have loved at the network."

CNN slammed Don Lemon for his comments, saying his statement was "inaccurate": "Don Lemon’s statement about this morning’s events is inaccurate. He was offered an opportunity to meet with management but instead released a statement on Twitter."