Saturday, February 16, 2019

M-Net and Rapid Blue doing a South African version of the controversial format reality dating show, One Night with My Ex, for the 1Magic channel.

Production company Rapid Blue is producing a new reality dating show, One Night with My Ex, for broadcast later this year on M-Net's 1Magic (DStv 103) channel.

One Night with My Ex, also known as A Night with My Ex is a controversial format reality show that has seen versions in the United States and the United Kingdom.

"Who knows, One Night With My Ex might be able to help you reignite the passion or reconcile with that long-lost ex," says the show and 1Magic in a logline for the series that hasn't been without controversy overseas.

In 2018 British viewers slammed the emotional abuse evident in episodes of One Night with My Ex in which former couples spend the night alone in a flat in which cameras have been installed to see what happens.