Monday, March 12, 2018

Actress Mara Louw lashes out a producers Ferguson Films for allegedly treating her like trash, after The Queen on Mzansi Magic decided to move her to an on-call contract.

Mara Louw has caused a stir after the veteran actress lashed out in the Sunday tabloid press at Ferguson Films of Shona and Connie Ferguson after the producers told her that her character of Boi was being written out of The Queen on Mzansi Magic (DStv 161).

By attacking a producer and production company publicly that gave her work, Mara Louw is likely lessening her prospects of being hired by other producers, out of fear that they might possibly be shamed in public by the actress when contracts change.

In September 2017 Mara Louw was given three months' notice that the story arc of her character Boitshwarelo "Boi" Maake in The Queen is coming to an end and that she would be moved from "permanent" to an on-call on-air talent on the show.

Ferguson Films told Mara Louw that "it is necessary to exit the character of Boi from The Queen and bring her back on a call-basis as and when the story arcs require".


On Sunday The Sunday Sun tabloid front page blared Mara Louw slamming Mzansi Magic's The Queen and the producers saying "I was treated like trash".

Ferguson Films says Mara Louw as a hired actress declined to move to the on-call contract.

Mara Louw told The Sunday Sun that "I declined to take their offer because they treated me like trash. I was on a global contract for a year, which was supposed to expire in May. Those people decided to come to me in September to tell me they had terminated my contract because the producers of the show had run out of ideas for my story line."

"With my experience in the showbiz industry and age, you can't treat me like a nobody."