Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Adam Boulton ending his position as political editor at Sky News after 25 years; will present new evening show from winter.


Adam Boulton (55) is ending his position as political editor at Sky News (DStv 402) after 25 years and will present a new evening show on the British 24-hour TV news channel from around May 2014 from Sky News' Westminster studio.

Sky News doesn't have an immediate replacement and will appoint a new political editor later in the year.

According to Sky News Adam Boulton's new show will feature hard hitting interviews, insightful analysis and interactive elements.

Adam Boulton joined Sky News when the channel started in 1989. He will now take on the new title of editor-at-large at Sky News and will continue to present for big political events.

"In my career I have been extremely lucky to have presented flagship breakfast, Sunday, and most recently on Boulton & Co, lunchtime shows. The opportunity to take on an evening programme was an offer I couldn’t duck," says Adam Boulton in a press statement.

"I am also enormously proud of the part I have played in building up Sky New'’ political operation and I am delighted I will remain a part of that in my new role."

"Adam Boulton is a giant in political journalism and I am thrilled he has agreed to anchor a new evening programme for us," says John Ryley, the head of Sky News.

"He was the first television journalist to treat politics as a live, dynamic, ever changing story. The arrival of Adam challenged the status quo, starting the Sky News Westminster operation from scratch and building it into the power-house that it is today," says John Ryley.