Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Isidingo's head writer: 'Heads will not roll and blood will not be spilled and even if this was going to happen I would tell the actors personally first.'


Isidingo's head writer Liam J. Stratton says heads are not going to roll at the popular SABC3 soap calling malicious rumours that characters are getting written out soon "unfounded and unjust".

ALSO READ: Isidingo crew and cast slam 'untrue' stories about big stars leaving; criticise 'crayon' tabloid trash journalism.

"Heads will not roll and blood will not be spilled and even if this was going to happen, I would have the decency and respect to inform the actors personally first. Face to face. Way in advance," Liam J. Stratton TV with Thinus.

"Marking my turf? Sensationalist stories? I'm not a gossip journalist ... sorry, I mean writer ... no journalism involved. I guard future stories fiercely and am very protective over all aspects and people that are involved to tell it well, including the actors whom I have the greatest respect for" says Liam J. Stratton.

"I would suggest these gossip journalists ... sorry I mean writers, could learn something from the approach I am applying to my team about telling stories - that the best ones are grounded in reality, research and most importantly getting it right," says Liam J. Stratton.