Monday, August 13, 2012

LET'S PLAY. Can you construct the new mosaic channel logo of the eNCA channel out of 15 red and blue triangles?


As a TV executive your working hard on your local reality show (danger: race problem looming), a number "shuffle", HD plans, a new gossip show, PVR and voucher plans, digital terrestrial television, and a litany of other things.

Take a brief respite. But don't play Soduku - play "Let's build the new eNCA channel logo".

The eNews Channel will be changing to simply eNCA - as I broke the news back in June already. Of course I have seen the new eNCA logo myself and I have refrained so far from actually revealing it despite lapses by the eNews Channel themselves to keep their secrets secret.

On Friday I gave you the first glimpse of the new eNCA channel logo and told you that it consists of red and blue triangles. What I didn't tell you was how many of them, and what it forms.

Well, now I'm going to exclusively spill that the new eNCA logo is a mosaic image of the continent of Africa - a good idea since the 24 hour news channels covers news in South Africa and across the continent with an African perspective.

Let me also tell you that the new eNCA logo is constructed out of 15 tiles - 15 triangles of which 2 are red and the rest blue. There's 1 rectangle and one square. Are you able to construct Africa out of 15 triangles, like the shapes below?

Hint: I've already placed two of them in their right positions in relation to the overall logo and in relation to each other.