Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Young and the Restless fires its head writer Maria Erena Bell after 5 years, husband has to tell her.

The Young and the Restless (weekdays, e.tv, 16:40) fired its head writer Maria Erena Bell whose father-in-law created the America soap.

Daytime Confidential first reported that Maria Erena Bell is suddenly out after she joined as head writer in 2007.

The shocked Maria Erena Bell says she has no idea why Sony Pictures Television which produces the soap fired her.

She immediately vented on her Facebook page, saying "I was not given a reason and in fact I have heard nothing from Sony or CBS. They sent me a message through my husband Bill who had the terrible job of conveying that they'd gone around him and were letting me go".

Maria Erena Bell said "I fought hard for my vision and to keep the show on track with the characters that matter to the audience". She said "there have been a lot of tears shed in the last few days."