Thursday, April 7, 2011

BREAKING. Fairly Legal's Baron Vaughn in South Africa: ''Viewers will see me and my Afro. It's always fun to see big hair on TV!''


You're reading it here first.

Actor Baron Vaugh that viewers will see from later this month when the excellent new dramedy Fairly Legal starts on the Universal Channel was in South Africa this week. When I spoke with him at the Michelangelo Hotel at the Sandton Square in Johannesburg the Fairly Legal actor, who is also popular on America's comedy circuit, told me he already likes South African wine.

''I've had some wine. Some 'sheeh-raaz'. South African shiraz,'' he said with a smile. I also asked Baron Vaughn who jetted into South Africa and arrived on Monday night, what he thinks of South Africa after being here for just a few hours. ''What I've seen so far I enjoy and I hope to see more.'' He's already visited England and Italy and recently Hawaii and told me he would love to still go to South America too.

For South Africa viewers tuning into Fairly Legal from 26 April he says the'll see him ... and won't be able to miss his hair!
''They'll see me and my Afro. And it's always fun to see big hair on television!'' he laughs. ''And just some good storytelling. You know, you'll see people being human in Fairly Legal and discover what it means to be themselves which is always a theme everybody can relate to I think. What is it that you really want? And how do you get to that?''

Fairly Legal starts on the Universal Channel (DStv 108) on Tuesday 26 April at 20:00 with a first season of 10 episodes.

ALSO READ: TV star and comedian Baron Vaughn visiting South Africa; soon to be seen in the Universal Channel's new legal drama Fairly Legal.