Thursday, February 17, 2011

ADVISORY. Much more comprehensive news about M-Net's changes from April coming today.

I couldn't get through reporting all of the M-Net news yet but will have much more rolling out today.

Yesterday M-Net had a presentation for the press covering TV about how the M-Net channels will be changing. M-Net said that while we're free to write about anything talked about and mentioned in the press briefing immediately, specific programming information (i.e how the line-ups will look and be changing) and details on the analogue/ digital M-Net channels split is not yet available, and will only be released today and that M-Net won't be able to comment about that.

I got some other information that I will still share today, and when the programming information and other specific details are released today, I will report on that as well.

Specifics I asked M-Net about yesterday was the broadcaster's 25th birthday happening in October and I have information about that, I asked M-Net about its strategy for HD channels, I have more on the Mzansi Magic channel that is now regarded as ''the flagship channel on DStv Compact'', and I have more on M-Net's local content plans.