Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BREAKING. Solly Mokoetle on his resignation as group CEO of the SABC: ''My relationship with the SABC collapsed.''


Solly Mokoetle, the SABC's embattled and suspended group CEO who resigned with ''immediate effect'' called today a ''sad day'' and referring to his acrimonious relationship with the SABC board says ''it became clear that the relationhip with the SABC collapsed.''

Solly Mokoetle who took a golden hand-shake of millions of rands to quit and leave the SABC immediately, says ''there was no way that we could work together. That is why I made up my mind. Instead of going to court and wasting more money which the organisation does not even have, I thought we can end this disruption in an amicable way."

He says he leaves the SABC ''with a heavy heart because I loved this organisation'' and that he has ''nowhere to go''. ''I thank the shareholders for assisting us to clear the path and come up with this settlement."