Sunday, October 3, 2010

Has the SABC suspended its 2010 project unit head, Peter Kwele for overspending?

Should you believe tabloid trash that the SABC has suspended Peter Kwele, the head of the public broadcaster's 2010 project unit?

A gutter press report (that's so far removed from actual journalism it makes The National Enquirer look like TIME magazine) in a tabloid newspaper that keeps spouting rumours without even talking to the people involved, claims that Peter Kwele has been suspended because of overspending at the SABC for the 2010 World Cup - particularly for securing studio space at the Sandton Convention Centre.

No true at all, my insider sources tell me - sources that's way more credible than the sad single source ''so we tan'' that dished up this drivel that blatantly got repeated by other incompetent journalists too lazy to actually verify anything on their own. ''The story is not true,'' I'm told.

I've spoken to several SABC insiders and I spoke to Peter Kwele (which nobody has done) and I've spoken to the correctly connected SABC officials. I know exactly what's going on here . . . but I'm for once not going to make it easy on this one for lazy tabloid also-rans. Tan less and do some real work will ya.