Tuesday, June 29, 2010

INTERVIEW. Bridget Masinga on All Access: ''If I'm a diva then so be it. Divas go on to be fifty and have empires worth multi million dollars!''


You're reading it here first.

I just love All Access presenter Bridget Masinga after this funny, witty, honest (and did I mention funny?) interview I did with her at Friday night's birthday party when M-Net's weekly entertainment magazine turned one year old.

In a bubbly interview Bridget Masinga told me how she really feels about working on this production, and what high profile celebrity she talked to during the past year that changed her outlook on life completely. Find out why she made a vow to herself to be more assertive, and more forthright about what she wants in life and in the entertainment industry.

Why does Bridget Masinga call herself ''such a hermit!'' Really? And how does she balance a personal life with the glam and jetsetting lifestyle of doing All Access? Who does she really still want to talk to and which celeb escaped her clutches? I have all the answers . . .

For my full interview with Bridget Masinga of M-Net's All Access click on READ MORE below.





Hi Bridget, when you look back over the past year, how would you describe the whole All Access experience on M-Net, being involved with this entertainment magazine show and everything that you hsve so far been able to do and see?
I must say, it sounds so cliched when you say it, but firstly it is the best team I've ever worked for. I've been a part of the M-Net family for about nine years now but this is definitely one of the best productions we've got in the entire M-Net building. Its been exhilarating, its been fun, sometimes I wish we can show people the behind the camera camera-moments because its crazy! When you see the final product we often sit and chuckle about it because we go ''Oh my word do you remember that day and everything that went wrong?'' and ''That person was such a diva!'' but it all comes together so lovely. I just wish that in the coming years we continue with just having fun as an All Access family, and the things that we love to do - which I think is the secret to All Access.

All of the inserts you've done so far, all the people you've talked to, the events you've covered, is there a specific highlight or a specific person that stands out for you over the past year in All Access?
For me personally its got to be Iman. She was one of those inserts where I was: ''We've got to go to Iman!'' She was just such a fabulous woman to talk to - as a woman, as a model, as an actress, as a business woman having followed her career to where she is today 25 years in the industry! A phenomenal woman! I learned so much that day. I actually came out that day after interviewing Iman vowing that I'm going to be more assertive in this industry, that I'm going to be more forthright about what I want, what I represent, and if people think I'm a diva, then so be it. Divas go on to be fifty and have empires worth multi million dollars!

Doing a show such as All Access, what viewers dont realize is that you bring them the gossip and the glamour, but the logistics behind the scenes is often madness is securing interviews at short notice, flying around and getting the access. How do you juggle doing a show such as All Access and having a personal life?
Ha ha! I'm not really a social person! Ha ha! Ha ha! I actually think everyone at All Access when we're not working we all just chill and watch movies on the couch! Honestly! I swear! All Access serves two purposes: We get to work to party, which is awesome - and which is how I balance it. Otherwise I wouldn't really go anywhere - I would be such a hermit!

All Access, one year old. Not specifically for the second birthday of the show but in the future, is there still an insert you would like to do, a person that you would like to interview, something that you would like to go and experience?
Oh. Absolutely! Where to begin. Mamma O, the big Oprah Winfrey! Absolutely must. Have to talk to Tyra Banks because she's my older sister from another mother. And if I can get her and Kimora in one room - aaaah! Kimora escaped me while she was here in South Africa last week but I will still go and hunt her down in California! Ha ha.

All Access on Fridays at 19:30 on M-Net (All Access' first birthday insert will feature in the episode of Friday, 2 July 2010).