Tuesday, May 18, 2010

SO SAD! No pot of gold at the end of The Universal Channel's multi-coloured rainbow.


If I cover and write less about The Universal Channel (DStv 108) and what's on it - it will be because the seemingly lame executives running The Universal Channel in Europe (after the Hallmark Channel was rebranded to The Universal Channel in April) are in my opinion not living up to their promises of greater responsiveness to the South African press and TV critics and the journalists covering television (like me) - as they promised.

All I can say is: please catch a wake-up Universal Channel. South African viewers have a myriad of TV channels to choose from on DStv already. TopTV just added 52 more. I watch you, I watch what you do and I'm interested. I stay up late at night to watch a schlock movie like Final Days of Planet Earth not because I have to but because I want to. You should be flattered. You show multi-coloured logos but you tell me I can't have them and that it's only for ''on-air'' use. Yet you plaster them all over your printed marketing material and send them to me on different coloured pages with a courier. All I can say is keep them.

I'll find rainbows elsewhere on television to write and tell viewers about.