Saturday, April 17, 2010

BREAKING. ProVerb: ''Idols is the biggest gig of my entire life . . . my entire career!''

Cobus Bodenstein/M-Net

You're reading it here first.

''First of all, Idols is the biggest gig of my entire life . . . my entire career!'' say Idols co-host ProVerb who will be co-hosting the brand-new sixth season of Idols on M-Net with Liezel van der Westhuizen. The sixth season of Idols is set to debut in July on the pay broadcaster, with the Durban auditions taking place today as the second stop of the nationwide audition process after Cape Town (see that HERE).

I spoke to ProVerb and asked him what he's looking forward to the most regarding the whole Idols experience this year, and being co-host of the popular reality show.

''Oh my goodness! I'm looking forward to learning so much, to growing myself as a presenter and also just being in the company of aspiring musicians who are equally – if not more sometimes – passionate about the same thing which I am, which is music,'' he says. ''So I just sort of hope it will open my eyes:  meeting new people, new personalities and interacting on different levels. I want to learn a lot,'' from Idols says ProVerb, ''and just grow from and through it all.''

Next Saturday Idols auditions will take place on 24 April at the Sandton International Convention Centre in Johannesburg, 2 May in Port Elizabeth at the Boardwalk shopping centre, and conclude on 8 May in Bloemfontein at the Windmill entertainment centre.