Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BREAKING. My Scare Lady . . . or not? I have the Style Intern hot gossip on the upcoming Fairlady reality show!


You're reading it here first.

I've told you RIGHT HERE about the new local reality show we'll get to see a bit later this year on M-Net Series (DStv 110) and RIGHT HERE that the name changed to Style Intern.

A while back I've asked for official confirmation of the new Style Intern name, the show's new logo and when it will start but got back nada of course. But as always I do have more juicy inside secrets to share.

Although Fairlady editor Suzy Brokensha plays a big role in Style Intern, I can reveal that there is another very powerful women in the show. I won't reveal her name just yet, but get ready for an almost female version of Donald Trump from The Apprentice. The contestants were scared and in awe of her when she first appeared!

I can tell you that Style Intern is brand-new and the way that the show goes about finding someone who will get an internship at the women's magazine. Don’t expect Running in Heels, The Devil Wears Prada or Ugly Betty.

I've got lots more goss, so click on READ MORE below for how Suzy Brokensha have been in her approach to the contestants and just how intense Style Intern is going to be!

What I can reveal dear reader is that you have to watch Style Intern when it starts on M-Net Series a bit later in the year – it's not like anything you think you've seen before. The feel and vibe of it is completely different from The Style Network reality show Running in Heels which is what one would expect from this local reality show.

The contestants get put through a lot of tasks, and the pace is super-fast and intense. Yet it's still very straightforward. Editor Suzy Brokensha is ever-present and I was wondering whether she would be nasty or nice. The answer: Nice.

I'm told from Style Intern on-set sources she's not as strict as some of the other judges, she's very confident (well, she is an editor after all), she's not intimidating but definitely makes her presence felt as an editor.

Of course the contestants live in a penthouse in Cape Town, everything is very fast-paced and then of course there is the normal Fairlady offices (if you can ever call a magazine's office space ''normal'') with the spray-painted murial and reception desk and everything.