Wednesday, September 16, 2009

EXCLUSIVE. Christiane Amanpour - Part III: 'I'm not going to change what I do. . . which is to seek the truth'

''You know, I'm not going to change what I do, which is to seek the truth.''

So says the world's most recognized TV journalist Christiane Amanpour in New York, when I spoke with her about the global debut of her new weekday half hour news show, simply titled Amanpour that starts on Monday, 21 September on CNN International (DStv 401) at 21:00.

I asked Christiane, a roving global correspondent for CNN for the past two decades and who's renowned for her hard-hitting, objective and honest reporting around the world, whether she will still be travelling and reporting from the field.

''Of course!,'' she says. ''When I get the opportunity, I definitely will. I think that it's vital to constantly have your eyes and ears on the ground. And you know I'm not going to change what I do, which is to seek the truth, and speak the truth about all of these dramatic events that shape our lives, trying to seek the views of the decision makers and the people who are affected by the decisions being made. So, yes, there will be a definite field component to Amanpour as well.''


Check back all week this week, as I share some more of what Christiane had to say in the run-up to the debut of Amanpour on Monday, 21 September at 21:00 on CNN International (DStv 401).


Part I - Christiane Amanpour: 'Yes. I cry.'
Part II - Christiane Amanpour: 'People want more understanding'