Monday, August 31, 2009

BREAKING. SABC2 cancels Police File on the very day it's supposed to start.

You're reading it here first. Scandal alert brewing and I can tell you all about it first.

The old time local TV show, Police File which I was first to spill the beans on last week is CANCELLED.
It was supposed to start today at 18:30 on SABC2.
CANCELLED WITHOUT EXPLANATION.
There was supposed to be a launch today in Pretoria with SABC2 and the police. CANCELLED WITHOUT EXPLANATION.

I just spoke to SABC2 who can only tell me that the show has been replaced for tonight by a rerun of Wild Ltd III.
Wild Ltd III will continue in this timeslot indefinitely.

Someone else at SABC2 tells me the show was pulled last minute because of ''technical difficulties'' and could return soon.
Yet the launch - which I wasn't invited to by the way - was cancelled last minute as well.
So. If it WAS really just a technical problem, why not go ahead with the launch and allow the show to just start a week later? . . .

I'll keep you updated as I get to the bottom of this.