Thursday, September 6, 2018

Giuliana Rancic returns to E! News on E! Entertainment after exactly 3 years: 'It's exciting to be back.'


Giuliana Rancic (44) has made her return to E! News as co-anchor next to Jason Kennedy (36) saying she wants to be part again of the rapidly changing landscape of entertainment news reporting.

Giuliana Rancic said she has many ideas for E! News that is fighting to remain relevant just like every other platform covering entertainment news, in the rapidly evolving, changing and highly competitive news sphere due to social media.

In a funny skit she filmed to herald her return to the nightly entertainment news show at 19:05 on E! Entertainment (DStv 124), she arrived at 10 Universal City Plaza, the building that the channel from NBCUniversal International Networks relocated to during her absence but gets blocked since she doesn't have an access card.

Once inside she takes a selfie but disguises it as doing facetime with Duke. Driven to studio with a golf cart she notes how "I didn't even have time to do an insta-story".



Giuliana Rancic - married to Bill Rancic and whose son is now 6 - then finds Jason Kennedy, doing "vocal warm-ups" but actually channeling Cardi B's iconic "Oh, grrrrrr" chirping noises.

During her first show back Jason Kennedy also surprised her with a Sky call from her former co-anchor Ryan Seacrest, with Giuliana Rancic who said "it's good to be back".



Giuliana Rancic and Jason Kennedy will co-host E!'s red carpet coverage of the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards live from midnight on Tuesday 18 September until M-Net (DStv 101) broadcast the awards ceremony live from 02:00 in South Africa.

"It's exciting. It's just been over three years since my last day at E! News and now here I am again," Giuliana Rancic told E!'s Daily Pop show.

"When the opportunity came up, obviously we thought long and hard because our lives are great. Bill is very, very supportive of me and my dreams and career and so we work together as a family to make it happen. And I would do the same for Bill if Bill had an opportunity that come up that he wants to do."

Entertainment news changing
She told Us Weekly that she took a break and "I've been there a long time, it was definitely my home and I stayed on with E! for red carpets and specials and Royal Weddings but it was just time to move to Chicago where my husband is from and we have restaurants there."

"So my son was starting school and we've always had that understanding that when it's time for Duke to start school we'll move to Chicago. And so that's what we did. It was also a time to be a mom and a wife and a friend but also I had these other businesses I've been working on."

"And to take them to the next level you need focus. You need to put time and effort into them and so that's what I did for the past three years and also grew some of the other businesses as well."

Giuliana Rancic said returning to E! News "took a lot of conversation between my husband and I" and that "we wanted to make sure that it was the right decision for everyone - this isn't just about me, it's also about my family".

"Having been gone for three years, it's interesting. I've been a viewer for three years - and not just E! News, the other entertainment news shows, digital. I've had time to watch, and I had time to really watch as a viewer watches, instead of being on the other side."

"And I have had just so many ideas especially the past year of just different ways we could be doing stuff - all of us. So it's really interesting going in with this new perspective, having been away."

"I feel like the landscape is changing so much with news and entertainment news, that how can I be a part of this and bring something fresh and new to people?"