Monday, July 23, 2018

Actor Andrew Lincoln confirms that he's done with zombie drama, The Walking Dead, after the upcoming 9th season on FOX.


Actor Andrew Lincoln, emotionally confirmed the speculation that started swirling last month that he is done with the zombie drama The Walking Dead after the upcoming 9th season.

At Comic Con 2018 in San Diego during a panel discussion, he said "this will be my last season playing the role of Rick Grimes. I love this show. It means everything to me. I love the people who make this show. I'm particularly fond of the people who watch this show".

Andrew Lincoln said "I don't want this to become an Oscar acceptance speech or a obituary".

"My relationship with Mister Rick Grimes is far from over." The actor said he is leaving The Walking Dead to spend more time with his family in the United Kingdom.

The 9th season of The Walking Dead with 16 episodes will start on 7 October and will broadcast on FOX (DStv 125 / StarSat 131 / Cell C black 201) from 8 October in South Africa and across Africa.

The second half of the 4th season of the spin-off drama series, Fear the Walking Dead will start on 12 August in America with episode 9 and will broadcast on Sundance TV (DStv 108) from Monday 13 August at 21:00.