Tuesday, June 19, 2018

AMC pulls Chris Hardwick's Talking shows from AMC and Sundance TV following abuse allegations.


AMC has pulled presenter Chris Hardwick's off the air and suspended his Talking shows from AMC which are seen in South Africa and across Africa on the AMC and Sundance TV (DStv 108) channels following allegations of abuse from one of his ex-girlfriends.

Shows like Talking Dead about The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, and the expanded Talking with Chris Hardwick have been shown on AMC and Sundance TV.

AMC in a statement says "while we assess the situation, Talking with Chris Hardwick will not air on AMC".

It follows after Chris Hardwick's ex-girlfriend, Chloe Dykstra published a lengthy essay on Thursday last week, claiming that she was subjected to sexual assault during their 3-year relationship.

Chloe Dykstra wrote about how she was blocked from going out at night, having male friends or speaking in public places and that she was the victim of sexual and emotional assault by Chris Hardwick.

Chloe Dykstra also claimed that Chris Hardwick blacklisted her in the industry and called companies she worked for "to get me fired by threatening to never work with them".

In a statement Chris Hardwick says "these are very serious allegations and not to be taken lightly which is why I've taken the day to consider how to respond. I was heartbroken to read Chloe's post. Our three year relationship was not perfect - we were ultimately not a good match and argued - even shouted at each other - but I loved her, and did my best to uplift and support her as a partner and companion in any way and at no time did I sexually assault her".

"For several weeks after we broke up, she asked to get back together with me and even told me she wanted to have kids with me, 'build a life' with me and told me that I was 'the one', but I did not want to be with someone who was unfaithful".

"I'm devastated to read that she is now accusing me of conduct that did not occur. l was blindsided by her post and always wanted the best for her."