Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Minnie Dlamini dumps the SABC's SABC Sport saying 'I need to grow'; replaced by Vaylen Kirtley as co-presenter on SABC1's SoccerZone.


Minnie Dlamini has dumped the SABC's SABC Sport division and has been replaced by Vaylen Kirtley.

On Thursday last week Minenhle "Minnie" Dlamini resigned from SABC Sport where she presented SoccerZone on SABC1 since May 2013, causing the SABC to rush to find a replacement as co-presenter opposite Thomas Mlambo for Monday night.

SoccerZone's ratings has fallen and a revamp with a new format introduced at the beginning of the year failed to lure back viewers.

Minnie Dlamini will however be seen on SABC television again as one of the presenters of the revived Tropika Island of Treasure Seychelles in March 2017 on SABC3.

"SABC Sport would like to thank her for a meaningful contribution to the division during her tenure and we wish her well in her future endeavours," said the SABC in a statement.

In a statement Minnie Dlamini said "I have resigned from SABC Sport to focus on my other business ventures".

"I have loved my time with the SABC Sport family and will miss them dearly. It pains me to realise that I won't be seeing my Thom Thom (Thomas Mlambo) and Dr Mnandi every Monday as they have become family."

"I need to grow and explore various opportunities in entertainment and business. "I'm super excited about 2017 and working very hard to make it a success."