Mfundi Vundla who last year - during the first strike of Generations actors threatened the soap stars that "nobody is bigger than Generations" went on Radio 702 after firing the actors today and said "That’s it! Finish and klaar. It's a termination, it's finished".
"We won't be taking them back. We are running a business here and there has to be some resolve. We have to bring some certainty to the production. It's final. This is the final decision we've made."
The Generations cast went on strike on Monday, for the same unresolved reasons as 10 months ago in October 2013, saying little to nothing has been done about the promised three year contracts, better contracts and back payments for rebroadcasts and international sales of Generations.
"We have plans to continue with Generations," said Mfundi Vundla. "The actors found Generations and there will still be a Generations in the future for more new actors. Generations will go on, with or without these people. The fact that we've gotten rid of these people doesn't mean it's the demise of the series".
Generations will however run out of episodes at the end of September when a sudden drastic on-air change awaits.
"We have episodes up until about October. So we have a few weeks to look for a new cast, we will do what we have to do," said Mfundi Vundla. "We are professionals and we will do what we have to do to ensure Generations will go on".
In November 2013 the SABC's famously matricless Hlaudi Motsoeneng who personally intervened during the first walk-off of the Generations cast, and declared then that "the matter has finally been laid to rest".