Tuesday, December 4, 2012

New weekday talk show Trisha comes to Sony Entertainment Television from January 2013 starting in what was Oprah's timeslot.


You're reading it here first.

A new talk show, Trisha (Trisha Goddard) will be starting on Sony Entertainment Television (DStv 127) in January 2013, when the daily talker will kick off on 14 January at 17:20.

Trisha Goddard is British and called the United Kingdom's "Queen of Chat" but the breast cancer survivor is making inroads into the American market.

Interestingly SET is launching Trisha Goddard into the timeslot in South Africa once owned by Oprah Winfrey, although Trisha Goddard goes out of her way to distance herself and her show from the Queen of Talk.

"I'm not the new Oprah. I'm the current me," says Trisha Goddard. "When Oprah announced she'd step down, the British press asked me to comment, because I'm 'the British answer to Oprah'. That's their nickname, not mine. I'm not the new Oprah. I'm the current me."

Trisha is geared towards on-air conflict resolution as she puts her head together (sometimes literally) with her guests who are getting counceled about family, love, forgiveness, trust and healing.