Tuesday, January 17, 2012

O SO SUPERSTITIOUS! Oprah Winfrey believes in round numbers ... and the talk show host reveals why.


You're reading it here first.

O ..., whaddaya know! Oprah Winfrey is superstitious.

The talk show diva who spoke to Godfrey Mutizwa in an exclusive hour long sit down interview in Africa Prime on CNBC Africa (DStv 410) earlier this evening, revealed that she believes in round numbers.

''I believe in round numbers for everything,'' Oprah Winfrey admitted who visited her Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls where the first class of girls who matriculated had a graduation ceremony this past Saturday. ''You know why? As I was growing up my father wouldn't give me any money unless his money was even.''

''I'd go 'Hey dad I need five dollars.' And he'd go: 'No I can't. The money not even.' So I grew up with this whole 'the money has to be even' thing,'' she said. ''So things have to be round numbers. If I'm on the treadmill and its not a round number I'll stay on it until it does. It's a crazy thing.''


ALSO READ: Oprah Winfrey called sexual molestation scandal at her school ''our little crisis''; still and will always believe the girls.
ALSO READ: Oprah Winfrey on her school for girls in South Africa: ''There were times when I was brought to tears and to my knees with the whole process.''
ALSO READ: Oprah Winfrey on the hair-raising problem at her private school for girls: ''Now weaves have hit Africa and it's a lot harder!''
ALSO READ: Oprah Winfrey opens up about starting and running OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network: ''Far more challenging than I imagined.''
ALSO READ: Oprah Winfrey on if she will be endorsing Barack Obama for a 2nd term as president of the United States: ''He doesn't need me.''