Thursday, June 16, 2011

BREAKING. Oprah wants OJ: ''I have a dream of O.J. Simpson confessing to me, and I'm going to make that happen.''


Oprah Winfrey wants to interview O.J. Simpson - but on the condition that he admits on television that he killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. O.J. Simpson was famously acquitted in October 1995 in the tawdry ''trial of the century'' court case that became a tabloid sensation, but now Oprah Winfrey wants the former American football star to admit to the world that he did it.

''I have a dream of O.J. Simpson confessing to me," Oprah Winfrey said to delegates from the pay TV industry in America at the 16th Annual Cable Show in Chicago as the crowd roared with approval. The Los Angeles Times' business section was first with the news.

Oprah Winfrey (The Oprah Winfrey Show, weekdays, SABC3, 17:30) is now focusing all her attention on her TV channel OWN, and spoke to the industry on her plans for the channel and who she would like to interview on OWN when she starts doing some kind of new talk show on the channel.

She said talking to O.J. Simpson wouldn't just be ''an interview'' but that it would be conditional on him confessing on television to killing his former wife. ''I don't just want the interview. I want the interview on the condition that you are ready, Mr. Simpson," Oprah Winfrey said. "And I am going to make that happen, people."

She said ''the vacation that I thought I was going to have [after the end of The Oprah Show] is kind of over ... at least for the time being'' as she's hard at work looking at the programming of OWN.